This is the list of requests we take care of under the Support Plan.
If something isn’t on the include list, that doesn’t mean we won’t do it. Reach out to us with your request. We’ll make a call on it and maybe even add it to this list. If not, we’ll give you an estimate of costs.
- Performance troubleshooting
- Network troubleshooting
- Diagnose and solve technology problems, such as internet connectivity, Wi-Fi and removing viruses.
- Hardware diagnostics when equipment isn't working as expected.
- Troubleshooting print errors
- Reinstalling an existing printer
Google Workspace and Microsoft 365
- Adding and removing users (excludes user onboarding) in Google Workspace or Microsoft 365
- Offboarding users (remove licence, email forwarding, files access)
- Managing access to Google Shared Drives and Sharepoint sites
- Tweaking admin settings for company policy
- Security check-up
- Privacy check-up
- Malware removal
- Recovering from a tech support scam
- Advising on best practices for cyber security
- Locating a lost device
- Wiping a company owned device to prevent theft of Intellectual Property
- Change basic account settings
- Create email addresses
- Forward email addresses to other ones
- “Send as” in Gmail and Microsoft 365
- Direct access to an expert to answer your questions on a wide range of topics
- Quick how-to questions about Apple-branded apps, such as Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and more
- Quick how-to questions about Google-branded apps, such as Gmail, Calendar, Docs and Sheets
- Support for most Australian supplied internet enabled devices, such as computers, smart TV’s, smartphones and tablets (eg Apple iPad).
- Maintenance for your device’s operating system including macOS, Windows and ChromeOS
- Troubleshooting cross-platform integration (security, file and print)
Website & Domain Hosting
- Editing Domain settings
- Editing basic web hosting settings
- Adds, moves or changes
- Onboarding new staff
- Installing new computers, tablets, phones or other hardware
- Substantial adds, moves or changes to software or hardware.
- Upgrading operating systems
- Hardware Service
- Any hardware service, except for diagnostics.
- Physical unpack and install of equipment.
- Hardware upgrades.
- Web Services
- Marketing or advertising services
- Website design, optimizations or SEO work.
- Core productivity platforms
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft 365
- Cloud computing platforms
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Web services
- Azure Logic App and Power Automate
- Xero (integration only, rest is up to your bookkeeper and accountant)
- Operating systems
- Apple iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS
- Microsoft Windows
- Google ChromeOS
- Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora
- Physical devices
- Routers, switches and wireless access points
- Laptops, Desktops and All in ones
- Smartphones and tablets
- TVs, streaming boxes and home theatre sound systems
- Printers, scanners and multifunctional copiers
- Digital signage